4 DAY FIGURE DRAWING WORKSHOP
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4 - SATURDAY, DECEMBER 7
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
This advanced drawing workshop will focus on the figure.
Steven believes drawing is the cornerstone of painting and sculpture.
The selective process that gives meaning and expression to a drawing influences our skills as painters.
Drawing begins with what lies beneath the surface and not with what is seen on the surface, but by considering the bones, muscle and also the internal dynamic that is at the root of any mass or volume. You will be taught to see and understand form as it moves towards and away from the eye by virtue of the internal dynamic and not by the shell of the surface alone.
This course will involve lectures, demos and critiques on a daily basis with a focus on the following:
· Skills of drawing from memory, imagination and observation enable us to visualize ways of expressing form.
· Discussion of the figure and how to develop the drawing with a focus on movement and how the form is developed to make it look alive.
· Discussion of materials and craft
· Issues of light and shadow, form, reflective properties of flesh
· Discussion of bringing a drawing to completion and selectively finding an expression in the momen.